This podcast is a companion recording to the series of podcasts produced for Earth Week 2020: Hair On Fire - Buddhist Responses Turning Toward Climate Change
Listen to the program by clicking here or visit https://thebuddhistcentre.com/action/earth-sangha-poetry-readings-and-other-voices. Produced by Mary Salome.
- Eva Soncin introduced Vimalasara.
- Vimalasara read “I am Africa” from her recently published book of poems, I Am Still Your Negro: An Homage to James Baldwin, published by University of Alberta Press. It’s available at your favorite online book sellers, and on order from local independent bookstores.
- Paul Greenberg read excerpts from his book Our Rocky Road, available on Amazon Kindle. More of his writing can be found at AwarenessOnTheRise.com, and Demockracy.us.
- Shunyamala spoke about her relationship with the earth as a practitioner and architect.
- Ethan Davidson read his poem ‘The Butterflies Inside Us.’
- Moksasi read a piece she wrote for this program on grief and Buddhism.
- Mary Salome read the ‘Amitabha Climate Change Puja’, which includes revised excerpts from multiple sources: Dhiramati’s Collected Pujas; the anthology A Buddhist Response to the Climate Emergency, edited by John Stanley, David R. Loy, and Gyurme Dorje; and One Earth Sangha’s dedication of merit.
- Dan O’Brien read the closing statement.