June is Buddhist Action Month. Join the global sangha in exploring how to integrate eco-social justice and action into the spiritual life. You'll find everything you need for BAM on the Dharma Toolkit. Subscribe for the updates on talks and live Q&As, join the meditations, and consider sharing your own practice in a post!
The Green Sangha is a group of Core Sangha members who meet monthly to discuss climate action and Buddhism. We host occasional events that are open to the public. Our Mission, Vision, and Values are a work in progress.
- Within the context of Buddhist values and teachings, we aim to create a space for the San Francisco Buddhist Center sangha to creatively engage with others around climate change and environmental justice.
- The contribution of Dharmic perspectives and ethical action to the collective response to climate change
- The cultivation of awareness of the interplay between institutionalized social injustice and climate change
- The flowering of wisdom and compassion to help create and maintain a healthy, diverse, clean and cool planet.
- As appropriate, create support for the San Francisco Buddhist Center sangha's move toward maintaining sustainable facilities, and sustainable practices at home and on retreat