The Triratna Buddhist
tradition appreciates and nurtures the value of creativity. Since 1998
the SFBC has offered an alternative/independent art space contributing
to the cultural atmosphere of the Mission District in San Francisco. We
are interested in cultural activities and do not discriminate because
of religion, gender, race, age, disability, sexual orientation or any
other factor. Everyone is welcome.
- Two Public Art Events in Cooperation with
Artists Television Access:
Meditation and Mysticism
See this article about the event from Daily Kos: How sitting in windows is making the planet cooler, and
Suvanna's blog article with photos. )
- Lit Crawl! 2015. Unsettling. Six writers on Home: Finding it, loving it, leaving it, losing it.t The SFBC adds a Buddhist flavor
to Lit Crawl, the largest independent literary festival on the West Coast.
Oct 2010; 2011; 2012; 2013; 2014; 2015. (More information about Lit Crawl.)
- Buddhist altars in the Day of the Dead "Festival of the Altars," November 2 or thereabouts.
- "Celebrating Buddhist Art," an exhibition of photography and other visual art including a sculpture from Rebecca Kaplan. October, 2007. (Open Studios)
- In conjuction with the Asian Art Museum, a slideshow/talk on Thai
Buddhist Art, April, 2005.
- Co-presenter of two Buddhist films at the March 2004 SF
International Asian Film Festival.
- An evening of classical Indian music Feb 29, 2004
- In conjuction with the Asian Art Museum, a slideshow/talk Korea's
Age of Enlightenment, December 10, 2003.
- The Buddha's Delight 2002, a festival
of film and performance art, including a group
exhibition and lectures on Buddhism and art.
- Workshop on Truthful Communication
and Story Telling, April 20, 2002
- Dance and other events such as The Dance Improvisation Performance
in February, 2001, benefitting a Dharma Center in Portland, Oregon.
- The In-Sight Buddhist Performance and Film Showcase, 2000.
- Open mic/writer's evening and writing days and retreats hosted by Wolf at the Door.
If you'd like to receive our bulletin monthly by email, let