Our Annual Rainy Season Retreat is an opportunity for SFBC Core Sangha (and occasional visiting Mitras and OMs from around the world) to spend time practicing together. The schedule for 2020 is below, and you should be able to see it in calendar form here or if you want a printable version here. Suggested donation for the month: $50 to $100.
Please feel free to email or talk to us (Padmatara, Danadasa, Karunadevi, Prasadachitta, Shunyamala) if you have questions or suggestions.
Topic - Deepening Ethics, Meditation and Wisdom through ritual and devotional practice.
Sangha Nights will be the main focus of the retreat, and we hope to keep the program simple - going deeply into teachings and practices we already know and really taking them to heart, rather than looking for new input.
Wednesday Sangha Nights
7pm to 9pm
- Jan 8 Introduction, information about the program, dedication ceremony led by Karunadevi
- Jan 15 Ethics, ritual and devotional practice led by Prasadachitta
- Jan 22 Meditation, ritual and devotional practice led by Danadasa
- Jan 29 Wisdom, ritual and devotional practice led by Padmatara
Saturdays 10am and 11am
Each Saturday will beging with a puja at 10am. For the rest of the day you can either join in the scheduled events or organize your own.
- Jan 11: 10am Puja with Danamaya. 11am Silent walk and tea for Women OMs and Mitras led by Shunyamala. Meet at the center after the puja.
- Jan 18: 10am Wisdom Puja with Medhahshri. 11am Hike led by Zachi (more info to follow)
- Jan 25: 10am Green Puja with Mary S. 11am Sangha Gathering* led by the Council
*Sangha Gathering - this is an opportunity to hear what's going on at the SFBC and Dharmadhara, and share your own projects and intentions. Please join us if you can.
Mondays - Going for Refuge and Prostration Practice, with Karunadevi
7pm (there is a group renting the center till 6:30 so please try not to disturb them - thanks!).
(for Order Members and Mitras in the Ordination Training)
- 7:30 am Mon to Fri (open to the public)
- 12 Noon Tue, and Thur
- 6pm Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri (not Mondays, as there's a renter 5:30 to 6:30 - please try not to disturb).
Chanting and Check in Groups
Tuesdays at 7pm
- Tuesdays Jan 21 and 28: Optional small groups will check in on anything that came up Wednesday nights, and chant a mantra or two. These will take place at the SFBC but if someone is able to host a group on the East Bay that would be great.