Please email email@example.com for information about rates and availability.
In the mountains of Kelseyville, Lake County. A 2.75 hour drive north from San Francisco (Napa, St. Helena and Calistoga en route or, if you take 101, via Santa Rosa and Hopland). Fifteen minutes from Clear Lake and the town of Lakeport, and close to Harbin Hot Springs.
1,500 sq. ft. house on five acres, with two bedrooms, kitchen, living room (can be used for meditation or other activities), and dining room. The land has ample flat ground for camping and activities and is open to the sky through the manzanitas, ponderosa pines, and cedars. Rustic and affordable.
- The facility is ready for guests and also gradually being improved. It is rustic, with some quirks
- Sleeping accommodations: 6 single beds, plus a single cot. Room for guests to bring additional airbeds/mattresses and flat space outside to camp in tents.
- Kitchen: 5 burner stove, fridge, toaster, coffee maker, hot water urn.
- Wood burning stove and supply of wood.
- One bathroom with shower. One outdoor shower. For larger groups a portable toilet can be rented.
- Large outdoor wooden deck.
- Ample room for children to run and play on the grounds. (Please ask about child friendliness of facility to get details.)
- Solitary retreats for individuals (meditation, writing or just quiet time).
- Retreats (yoga, nonprofit staff retreats, etc.) for small groups of 2-15 people The house accommodates about 6 people but can accommodate up to a total of 15 in the warmer season, with camping and 1-2 portable toilets.
- Vacations and rustic country get-aways with friends & family. Close to some great places to visit.
- Just hang out on the land, which is beautiful and peaceful.
- Take a wonderful 2 mile walk (roundtrip) to Boggs Lake Ecological Preserve (a lake in the spring which is dry in the summer). Learn more about the preserve and local wildlife at Boggs Lake Ecological Reserve
- Many miles of hiking trails on Boggs Mountain very nearby. Download map from the website.
- Go kayaking, stand-up paddling or enjoy other water sports on Clear Lake with rentals right in Lakeport (15 minutes away).
- Stop at Robert Louis Stevenson State Park on the way up or back (7 miles north of Calistoga). There is a five-mile hike to the top of Mt. St. Helena from which one can see much of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Stroll around downtown Lakeport, with its pretty lakefront park, restaurants, little shops, and large movie theater.
- Little nearby vacation town of Cobb has a cafe and pizzeria (with an open mic night!). Kelseyville is also nearby.
- Golfing nearby in Cobb.
- Visit vineyards on the way there or back.
- Learn more about activities in Lake County