Equity Diversity Justice Inclusion (EDJI)
Mission and Vision Statement for the SFBC Sangha
Visit our Quarterly Blog Journey to Justice for more information about EDJI and ways you can connect and participate.
As Buddhists committed to liberation for all beings, we work to cultivate an inclusive space and resources for the SFBC sangha to collectively integrate awareness of barriers to Dharma practice, to celebrate difference, and to remove obstacles that spring from all injustices of oppression and devaluation, including hidden and explicit forms of racism, sexism, homophobia, classism, casteism, ableism, ageism, religious intolerance, and other structural and personal biases.
Vision and Aspirations:
- We initiate training opportunities for teachers
- We develop curricula that incorporate racial and social justice
- We support each other to engage in challenging conversations
- We collaborate with other groups to share resources and take action
- We provide space for sangha to deepen understanding, share experience and connect